Dimitrios Buhalis has been co-creating industry innovations and knowledge as well as advocating best professional practice around the world, particularly in:
- Technology, Digital Marketing and eTourism
- Strategic Marketing and Management
- Strategic distribution channel management
- Management Information Systems and
- Business Process Reengineering
- Social media and customer engagement management
- Dynamic, context based, real time value cocreation
- Smart tourism and ecosystems management and marketing
- Artificial Intelligence and Internet of Things
Since he started working as an assistant waiter in Athens, Greece, at the age of 12, he has been working tirelessly to create excellence in service and marketing and to reengineer organisations in order to achieve competitive advantage. His experience as hospitality manager, chief photographer at the Club Med, and manager in travel and retail businesses, as well as his engagement as advisor for many organisations and governments around the world, enable him to be customer-focused and to dynamically co-create value with all stakeholders.
Exceeding expectations and proactively cocreating memorable experiences, has become second nature to him over the years. Taking into consideration the internal and external contexts and adapting services in real time, Buhalis is an expert in dynamic cocreation and personalisation.
Dimitrios is working with industry leaders around the world to cocreate innovations and engage them in cutting edge research. He is also involving his students through teaching, placements and graduate jobs. This is part of the Fusion at Bournemouth University strategy and the BU2025: our vision, values and strategic plan that aims to inspire learning, advance knowledge and enrich society. We bring together research, education and practice to create something that is greater than the sum of its parts by each element informing and improving the others. Working without barriers, collaborating and sharing with each other is critical to develop world-leading, life-changing research.
Dimitrios Buhalis with Halona Padiachy and Mario Hardy of PATA in Bangkok, Thailand
Dimitrios Buhalis with Ufi Ibrahim ex CEO of British Hospitality Association
Dimitrios Buhalis with Jean-Claude Baumgarten ex President of WTTC
Dimitrios Buhalis with Arrigo Cipriani, Cipriani Hotels
Dimitrios Buhalis and Jon Weaver Director of Marketing Bournemouth Tourism
Dimitrios Buhalis, with Mark Birtha President HardRock International, Bruce Tracey Cornell University
Paul Curran, Keith Wilkes, Dimitrios Buhalis awarding an honorary doctorate to John Kent for his industry leadership
Dimitrios Buhalis with Paul Efmorfidis COCO-MAT
Michel Albert Roux with French-British Michelin chef Michel Roux Jr.
Dimitrios Buhalis with Carlos Costa University of Aveiro and Noel Josephides ABTA President and Sunvil CEO
Dimitrios Buhalis Rene Klotzer Tracey Lloyd at Minor Hotels in Bangkok Thailand
Dimitrios Buhalis with Andy Lennox Koh Thai Restaurants
Strategic Management and Marketing Advisor for Tourism and Hospitality Organisations
Professor Buhalis has been advising international Tourism and Hospitality organisations on Strategic Management and Marketing. From strategic digital marketing, distribution strategies and positioning, he also has to expand to operational, human resources and logistics related issues. Professor Buhalis has been supporting organisations to develop their online presence and digital footprint, as well as their dynamic engagement with consumers and all stakeholders. Often as part of this process, Professor Buhalis needs to undertake a comprehensive strategic review, leading to business process reengineering, business and product development, reorganisation, and market reorientation. Some of the organisations that have benefited from his advice include:
- Hospitality Organisations and Hotels: Aliathon Resort, Cyprus; Aquis Hotels and Resorts; Hotel Icon Hong Kong; Pomegranate Wellness Spa Hotel, Halkidiki, Greece; Caravia Beach Hotel & Bungalows, Kos, Greece; Wyndham Hotels and Resorts EMEA;
- Travel companies including YouTravel.com; PurpleTravel.com;
- Technology companies and digital agencies, including: Nelios.com and Obqo.com in Greece; Omnibees.com in Portugal and Brazil;
- Educational Institutes, including the Ministry of Education of Andorra and the Dusit Thani College.
Dimitrios Buhalis Richard Hatter and Hotel Icon Hong Kong team – we love to care we care to love
Dimitrios Buhalis Hotel Icon Hong Kong Food and Beverage team
Dimitrios Buhalis with Richard Hatter GM Hotel Icon Hong Kong
Dusit Thani College: Chirawut Kanogart, Dimitrios Buhalis, Dusit Thani CEO Suphajee Suthumpun, Dr Sarote Phornprapha Dusit Thani College President, Thailand
Dimitrios Buhalis Christos Drazos at Pomegranate Wellness Spa Hotel Halkidiki Greece
Dimitrios Buhalis at Pomegranate Wellness Spa Hotel Halkidiki Greece
Dimitrios Buhalis Aliathon Holiday Village Paphos Cyprus
Dimitrios Buhalis Aliathon Holiday Village Paphos Cyprus
Dimitrios Buhalis setting social media strategy for Aliathon Holiday Village Paphos Cyprus
Dimitrios Buhalis with food and beverage team Aquis Hotels and Resorts
Dimitrios Buhalis with Anemogiannis and Karabatsos Aquis Hotels and Resorts
Dimitrios Buhalis and Luis Ferrinho – CEO and Founder @ Omnibees, Brazil
Seminar and Workshop facilitator
Dimitrios Buhalis is an experienced and inspirational keynote speaker and seminars and workshops facilitator, delivering an average of 30 keynote presentations per annum. He has been collaborating with a ranging of organisations, including: the UNWTO, PATA, the European Hotel Managers Association; Zhejiang Drore Technology, China, Omnibees, Portugal and Brazil; Foundation of Human Resource Development, Cyprus; Malta Tourism Authority Developing Leaders for Change and Innovation in Tourism and the Advance Tourism programme, Malta; Pestana Hotels, Portugal; Hotel Federation of Mallorca, Spain; and many other organisations.
Dimitrios Buhalis with Mario Hardy PATA
Dimitrios Buhalis Haiyan Song with Drore China
Andreas Georgiou, Panagiotis Almyrantis, Stephanos Stephanou, Dimitrios Buhalis, European Hotel Managers Association
Dimitrios Buhalis Andreas Georgiou European Hotel Managers Association
Dimitrios Buhalis, Dimitris Manikis and Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Executive Team
Ahmed Hassan Al Nahas, Dimitrios Buhalis, Hisham Zaazou and the Generals at the Egyptian Tourism Federation
Dimitrios Buhalis, Dionisio Pestana, Jeff Sadd, Peter Lugosi, John Fotis at Pestana Hotels
Dimitrios Buhalis chairing the Tourism Futures Forum
Dimitrios Buhalis chairing the Cultural Tourism Middle East Forum in Dubai
Dimitrios Buhalis, Jose Luis Zoreda, Xavier Font, Don Hawkins
Dimitrios Buhalis facilitating the Omnibees Leadership Summit in Brazil
Invited industry keynote conference presentations
* Buhalis, D., 2018, Smart tourism and innovation through digitisation, International Seminar On Digitalization & Innovation In Tourism and TourMIS seminar in Vienna 13-14 September, European Travel Commission and European Cities, Vienna 13-14 September.
* Buhalis, D., 2018, Research in Smart Tourism and Hospitality, 14th Annual THRIC Conference 18-19 June, Waterford Ireland.
* Buhalis, D., 2018, Smart Hospitality Leadership, 13-14 June 2018 Omnibees Leadership Forum, Conference Wish Resort, in Foz do Iguaçu, Brazil
* Buhalis, D., 2018, Smart Tourism and Hospitality, Hotel Managers Association Rhodes Greece April 2018
* Buhalis, D., 2018, Next Generation Solutions to Next Generation Problems: The Future of HR Technology, Human Resource in Hospitality conference in Las Vegas 5-7 March 2018
* Buhalis, D., 2018, Presentation on the value of technology and platforms, hotel revenue conference in London 13 February 2018
* Buhalis, D., 2017, Smart Tourism and Marketing innovations, Gracious Tourism and Hospitality, Dusit Thani College, Wed 29 Nov – Thur 30 – 1 Dec, Bangkok Thailand
* Buhalis, D., 2017, SMART TOURISM : Big data, artificial intelligence and robotics revolutions Tuesday 7 November 2017 SMART TOURISM 11:30-12:30 WTM Inspire Theatre- World Travel Market
* Buhalis, D., 2017, Smart Tourism, Big Data and Agile Destination Management, 12 September 2017 PATA Chinese Taipei Chapter, WCIT World Congress on Information Technology (WCIT) Taipei Taiwan
* Buhalis, D., 2017, Technology enabled innovations and Context based dynamic services, Friday 9th March Stavanger Hotel School Norway
* Buhalis, D., 2017, Managing reputations in the internet’s Wild West, Travel Technology Europe Show, London
* Buhalis, D., 2016, Smart and Agile Tourism, SMART TRAVEL2016, 2-3 December 2016 Bragança Portugal
* Buhalis, D., 2016, Strategy and social media in tourism, BITCO conference in Belgrade several years ago, 25-27th November 2016, Novi Sad, Serbia
* Buhalis, D., 2016, Smart and Agile Tourism, Smart Tourism Congress CETT co-organized by the Mobile World Capital and Segittur, Barcelona, Spain
* Buhalis, D., 2016, World Travel Market WTM 2016 eTourism : Disrupting innovations create opportunities and challenges the tourism and hospitality industry, WTM Global Stage, London.
* Buhalis, D., 2016, Social media and tourism marketing Cyprus Foundation of Human Resource Development, 31 October -5 November Cyprus
* Buhalis, D., 2016, Smart Tourism and Interoperability TURITEC Conference to be held in Malaga Spain
* Buhalis, D., 2016, Second International Smart Tourism, 23-24 October 2016 Zhejiang University, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Zhejiang Provincial Tourism Administration and Zhejiang Tourism Groups, Hangzhou, China
* Buhalis, D., 2016 keynoting at the National Congress of Hotel Management in Cali, Colombia, 30 September invited by COTELCO, the Hotel and Tourism Association of Colombia to address their annual congress. 28-30 September 2016 Cali Colombia
* Buhalis, D., 2016, Accessible tourism and smart tourism: Universal Accessibility, Growing Tourism through Knowledge, Tourism Day: 9 September 2016, Main Auditorium AIS Building, University of Pretoria, Hatfield Campus, South Africa
* Buhalis, D., 2016, Brexit and implications for Greek Tourism, Santorini Hoteliers Association, 4 July 2016, Santorini Greece
* Buhalis, D., 2016, Hospitality Digital Competence – lessons from Bournemouth Hotels, British Hospitality Association, 5th Hospitality & Tourism Summit 2016, 27th June 2016, London
* Buhalis, D., 2016, Augmented & Virtual Reality Innovation in Retail and e-Commerce Conference’, London Heathrow Marriott Hotel London, UK on 8th & 9th June 2016.
* Buhalis, D., 2016, Invited Speaker Current Issues and Trends in Tourism and Hospitality Research on 2nd Global Tourism & Hospitality Conference 16-18 May 2016 Keynote at Hong Kong
* Buhalis, D., 2016, Impact of technology and Social enterprise on Tourism, Forum TurisTIC 2016, Barcelona, Spain, 13 to 14 April 2016.
* Buhalis, D., 2016, Accessible Tourism and eTourism, TurisTIC 2016, Barcelona, Spain, 13 to 14 April 2016.
* Buhalis, D., 2016, eTourism and Luxury Hospitality Industry, European Hotel Managers Association Saturday April 9th, Paphos Cyprus.
* Buhalis, D., 2016, Smart tourism and Seasonality, Greek-British/American/German/Frence/Italian Chambers of Commerce 1st April, Thessaloniki Greece
* Buhalis, D., 2016, Accessible Tourism: Opportunity for All, Europe without barriers, 21-22 March, Lucignano Italy
* Buhalis, D., 2016, Innovation policies for connecting the digital tourist, Exceltur 8th Forum, Madrid, Fitur.
* Buhalis, D., 2015, Short Course on eMarketing, UNWTO Themis foundation, 13-15 December Doha Qatar.
* Buhalis, D., 2015, Accessible Tourism and eMarketing, 4 December Perugia Italy
* Buhalis, D., 2015, SMART tourism and hospitality, Digi.travel EMEA Conference & Expo Athens, Greece
* Buhalis, D., 2015, SMART tourism 2° Seminário Internacional de Tecnologia & Turismo – TecTur, uma realização da Faculdade de Turismo e Hotelaria (FTH) da Universidade Federal Fluminense (UFF) 12-13 November Rio Brazil
* Buhalis, D., 2015, Tourism, careers, trends and challenges, 3rd Kalamata Tourism School -30 November – 1 December Elite City Resort Kalamata Greece
* Buhalis, D., 2015, 2° Seminário Internacional de Tecnologia & Turismo – TecTur, uma realização da Faculdade de Turismo e Hotelaria (FTH) da Universidade Federal Fluminense (UFF) 12-13 November Brazil http://www.tectur.uff.br/
* Buhalis, D., 2015, World Travel Market WTM 2015 SMART TOURISM WTM Global Stage London Monday 2 November 2015
* Buhalis, D., 2015, BU Futures Forum 15.00 – 17:00 & Routes and the Holy Grail 17:00-18.00 South Gallery 13&14 World Travel Market WTM 2015 London Tuesday 3 November
* Buhalis, D., 2015, Smart Tourism and destination competitiveness, PATA Tourism and the Experience Economy 19-21 October, 2015 Shangri-La Hotel Guilin, China https://www.pata.org/portfolio/9th-unwtopata-forum/
* Buhalis, D., 2015, Smart tourism and tourism competitiveness, International Smart tourism conference in Hangzhou China 16-18 October http://www.ismarttourism.org/en/index.html
* Buhalis, D., 2015, Medical and Accessible tourism, International Health & Wealth Conference (IHW) Herdade dos Salgados Grande Hotel October 15-17 Algarve Portugal www.ihw-conference.com
* Buhalis, D., 2015, strategic tourism marketing EIASM 5th International Conference on Tourism Management and Related Issues, Kos October 8-9, http://www.eiasm.org/frontoffice/event_announcement.asp?event_id=1128
* Buhalis, D., 2015, Smartness and strategic tourism marketing, 4th International Conference on Strategic Innovative Marketing, September 24-27, 2015, Mykonos, Greece
* Buhalis, D., 2015, Smartness and Tourism Marketing 2nd International Symposium on Tourism Marketing http://imat-symposium.com/ 2-3 July 2015 Valencia Spain
* Buhalis, D., 2015, eTourism and destination competitivess, See Portugal – 2nd Internal Tourism Forum Turismo do Centro Portugal, Aveiro, Portugal, June 25-26th, 2015
* Buhalis, D., 2015, Smart Tourism Destinations TMI Digital Destinations Masterclass 18th June, Birmingham, UK
* Buhalis, D., 2015, Technology eTourism and destination competitivess, 5th International Conference on Tourism and Hospitality Management June 5th – 7th 2015 http://dratte.gr/DRATTE/1-CALL.html Athens, Greece
* Buhalis, D., 2015, Technology eTourism and destination competitivess, International Academy for the Study of Tourism, Conference 20-28 May 2015, Rhodes Greece
* Buhalis, D., 2015, “Tourism as a Tool for Development and Growth” 1 – 8 May 2015, Conference and Summer School Kos Greece
* Buhalis, D., 2015, eTourism and Sustainability, Sustainable Tourism for the development of Europe, Jean Monnet Institute University of Athens, 26 March, Greece
* Buhalis, D., 2015, eTourism and Social Media strategy for hospitality, Loutraki Tourism Organisation, 27-28 March, Greece
* Buhalis, D., 2015, eTourism and Sustainable Tourism, Sustainable Tourism and Development in the European Union – Athens 26th March 2015 University of Athens Greece
* Buhalis, D., 2015, eTourism and Social Media strategy for hospitality, Hotel & Catering Show, 18 February, Bournemouth
* Buhalis, D., 2015, eTourism and the future of Mobile, TTI’s Spring conference, 17 February, London
* Buhalis, D., 2015, eTourism and hospitality agility in the era of smartness, Macau Institute for Tourism Studies, 13 February, China
* Buhalis, D., 2015, eTourism and Hospitality Marketing, Hong Kong Polytechnic University, 12 February, China
* Buhalis, D., 2015, eTourism and Smart Tourism, University of Lisbon, 23 January, 2015, Lisbon, Portugal
* Buhalis, D., 2014, Technologies for tourism Destinations, 3rd Global Summit on City Tourism: ”New Paradigms in City Tourism Development” in Barcelona, of Barcelona Turisme, the Barcelona City Council and the Catalan Tourism Board, World Tourism Organization (UNWTO) on 9-10 December, 2014
* Buhalis, D., 2014, Entrepreneurship and Tourism, COGRESSO AECIT, Benidorm, 26-28 November 2014, Spain http://www.congresoaecit.org/
* Buhalis, D., 2014, Tourism and Technology innovations, 3rd International Tourism Conference; Tourism and Innovation The University of the West Indies, Mona, Montego Bay, 9-11 November, Jamaica
* Buhalis, D., 2014, Technology innovations “Innovation and Competitiveness in Tourist Areas” ICAT2014 5-7 November, University of Alicante, Spain,
* Buhalis, D., 2014, Strategies for Smart Destinations, Forum Benidorm, 30-31 October, Spain,
* Buhalis, D., 2014, Future Tourism Trends – Online tools SETE Tourism and Development 21-22 October Athens, Greece
* Buhalis, D., 2014, Technology for Brand, ETOA, Showcase.travel/Digital, 30 September, London
* Buhalis, D., 2014, Tourism Marketing and technology developments, 4th International Conference on Tourism Management and Related Issues, September 18-19, Rome, Italy, http://www.eiasm.org/frontoffice/event_announcement.asp?event_id=1052
* Buhalis, D., 2014, Tourism technology and social media Tourism Research and Management in a Rapidly Changing World” 15th and the 16th of September 2014., Leuven Belgium
* Buhalis, D., 2014, 3-5 September, Tourism Security and Marketing, Tourism Congress, Zamora Michoacán Mexico http://www.congresoturismo.mx/
* Buhalis, D., 2014, Tourism and Social Media, International Academic Conference on Social Sciences (IACSS 2015) Istanbul, Turkey on 25-26 July 2015.
* Buhalis, D., 2014, June 19, Technology for Tourism Destinations, Corfu Conference: Tourism Promotion to New Markets http://ow.lyzdFJR 18 July “PROSKOPEIO” Hall, Pyli Agiou Nikolaou, Faliraki, Corfu Greece
* Buhalis, D., 2014, June 5, Technology for hospitality trends British Hospitality Association 2014, The Hospitality & Tourism Summit 2014, London
* Buhalis, D., 2014, 6-8 June, Research in Tourism and technology, IFITT Summer School, Helsinki Finland
* Buhalis, D., 2014, AGILE HOSPITALITY : eTourism future developments and revolutions, Council for Hospitality Management Education – 2014 Annual Research Conference, University of Derby, Buxton
* Buhalis, D., 2014, 19th -21st May, eTourism Futures, The International Conference of Tourism, Hospitality and Recreation 2014 (EJTHR 2014) that will take place in Poznan (Poland), is co-organized by the GITUR – Tourism Research Unit of the Polytechnic Institute of Leiria (Portugal) and two Polish universities: the University School of Physical Education in Poznan and the University of Economy in Bydgoszcz. http://www.icthr.byd.pl/index.php?i
* Buhalis, D., 7–10th May 2014 International Tourism Conference INVTUR 2014 Tourism: When we travel we fabricate new societies – University of Aveiro, Portugal http://www.ua.pt/invtur/#
* Buhalis, D., 2014, eTourism Challenges, Tourism Challenges Lisbon 12 April. Portugal
* Buhalis, D., 2014 eTourism Trends, Belgrade International Tourism Conference-BITCO 2014, March 27-29, 2014, Belgrade Serbia.
* Buhalis, D., 2014, Social Media, Big Data and other Trends, IFITT workshop, ITB Berlin, 6 March, Berlin
* Buhalis, D., 2014, High Value or High Volume, Small Island Development States and Tourism, United Nations World Tourism Organisation, Bahamas, 19-21 February, Bahamas
* Buhalis, D., 2014, Using technology for profitability, HORECA, 8th February, Athens, Greece
* Buhalis, D., 2013, eTourism futures, Beijing Union University, 5 December, Beijing, China
* Buhalis, D., 2013, 25 years of Turismo, 1988-2013, University of Aveiro, 15 -18 October, Portugal,
* Buhalis, D., 2013, X Seminário Anual da Associação Nacional de Pesquisa e Pós-Graduação em Turismo 2013, 15 -18 October, Caxias do Sol, Brazil
* Buhalis, D., 2013, The “Mediterranean Luxury Travel Summit 2013: Regional Cooperation and Development”, 7th and 8th of October at Divani Apollon Palace & Spa.
* Buhalis, D., 2013, 3rd International Conference on Tourism Management and Tourism Related Issues October 3-4, 2013 in Barcelona
* Buhalis, D., 2013, 2nd International Conference on Strategic Innovative Marketing September 13-17, 2013 Prague, Czech Republic
* Buhalis, D., 2013, IV International Congress on Tourism for All, Foundation ONCE, Avila, Spain 26 to 28 June
* Buhalis, D., 2013, 13th Biennial Conference of the International Academy for the Study of Tourism will be held on 2 – 7 June 2013 REAL Marina hotel in Olhao, Algarve Portugal
* Buhalis, D., 2013, 5th International Scientific Conference Tourism Planning Management and Policy, University of the Aegean, Department of Business Administration, 29th of May till the 2nd of June 2013, Rhodes Island, Greece
* Buhalis, D., 2013, Costa Rica WTO http://americas.unwto.org/en/event/technical-seminar-tourism-and-new-technologies, Costa Rica
* Buhalis, D., 2013, eTourism Agenda, Tunisia, April 24-26, 2013 WTO A.M. Meeting on the occasion of the Regional Commission for Africa – Tunisia.
* Buhalis, D., 2013, Conference on Strategic and Creative Marketing TRAVEL ZOOM, BLED conference 25. – 27. March 2013 in Bled, Slovenia
* Buhalis, D., 2013, Campus Encounters 13, Research and learning methods in sales and service development, HAAGA-HELIA and Laurea Universities of Applied Sciences at Porvoo Campus in Finland during 21-22 March 2013.
* Buhalis, D., 2013, New Technologies in Travel and Tourism, HORECA Exhibition, 10 February 2013, Athens Greece
* Buhalis, D., 2013, Consumer experiences in the new Technologies era, Travel Technology Europe 2013, Earls Court, 6 February 2013, London
* Buhalis, D., 2013, Tourism opportunities for Lithuania: E-Tourism and EU Presidency: Advices and best-practice cases, 2 February 2013, Enterprise Lithuania, Vilnius, Lithuania.
* Buhalis, D., 2013, Various presentations ENTER2013 Innsbruck Austria 24-26 January 2013 www.enter-2013.org
* Buhalis, D., 2012, Technologies for restaurant of the future, Restaurant of the future, International Seminar, 29 November, Lamego, Portugal
* Buhalis, D., 2012, Global Summit on City Tourism | Destination Management, 14 – 16 November 2012. Haliç Congress Centre, World Tourism Organisation
* Buhalis, D., 2012, eTourism experiences and augmented reality, “Obiettivo Turismo” 14th November 2012 in the Lugano Convention Centre Switzerland
* Buhalis, D., 2012, Tourism Futures and Trends, BU@WTM2012 Workshop : The Future of Tourism, Thursday 9 Nov 2012
* Buhalis, D., 2012, Technology enabled tourism experience, IFITT@ World Travel Market 2012, Monday 5th November 2012
* Buhalis, D., 2012, eTourism innovations and Web 2.0, Advanced Course, Malta Ministry of Tourism, 15-17 October 2012
* Buhalis, D., 2012, Technology for Hospitality, 2nd Hoteliers’ Meeting of Historic Hotels of Europe from 7th to 9th October 2012 in Ireland
* Buhalis, D., 2012, Tourism and Technology trends, RDO The Resort Development Organisation (RDO) Conference at the Pestana London http://www.rdoconference.org/ 24-25 September 2012
* Buhalis, D., 2012, eTourism developments and challenges, eTourism Summit, 5th Annual E-Tourism Africa Summit 2012 September 15th- 16th 2011, Cape Town South Africa.
* Buhalis, D., 2012, eTourism Strategies, Como Summer School, 23 July 2012, Como Italy
* Buhalis, D., 2012, eTourism Strategies and Benchmarking of Destinations, Australia National Tourism and Events Excellence Conference, 16-17 July 2012, Melbourne, Australia
* Buhalis, D., 2012, Technology Tourism and Hospitality Innovations, IFITT Greece, Friday 20th April 2012, Heraklion Crete, Greece
* Buhalis, D., 2012, Technology Enabled Tourism Experience Economy @ EyeForTravel Travel Distribution Summit Europe in London London, 18th April 2012
* Buhalis, D., 2012, Technology for the Future of Tourism, Timeshare Association TATOC, Manchester , 9-10 March 2012
* Buhalis, D., 2012, Technology for restaurants and hospitality, Restaurant of the Future, Porto, Portugal, 17 February 2012
* Buhalis, D., 2012, eTourism innovations and Web 2.0, Advanced Course, Malta Ministry of Tourism, 8-10 February 2012
* Buhalis, D., 2012, Various presentations ENTER2012 Helsinborg, Sweden 25-27 January 2012 www.enter2012.org
* Buhalis, D., 2011, Tourism Futures and Trends, BU@WTM2011 Workshop : The Future of Tourism, Thursday 10 Nov 2011 14:00-16:00 North Gallery Rooms 6 + 7 http://www.wtmlondon.com/page.cfm/Action=Seminars/SeminarID=56
* Buhalis, D., 2011, Technology and Social Media enabled Real-time Service Management in Hospitality and Tourism, IFITT@ World Travel Market 2011, Monday 7th November 2011 Platinum Suite 1 from 10.00 – 12.00 http://www.wtmlondon.com/page.cfm/action=Seminars/SeminarID=1
* Buhalis, D., 2011, eTourism developments, International Conference on Tourism & Management Studies School of Management, Hospitality and Tourism of the University of the Algarve – Algarve 2011, 26-29th October 2011. http://www.esght.ualg.pt/conferencia/index.php
* Buhalis, D., 2011, , Tourism and Technology trends, RDO The Resort Development Organisation (RDO) Conference at the Don Carlos Resort & Spa in Marbella,Spain http://www.rdoconference.org/ 26-28 September 2011
* Buhalis, D., 2011, Key trends in eTourism, IFITT Greece – Hilton Hotel Athens Greece Capital+Vision Multiconference, Greek-German Chamber of Industry and Commerce, the Newspaper “Kefalaio” (Capital), the portal Capital.gr http://www.capitalvision.gr/e/home.asp 23-25 September 2011
* Buhalis, D., 2011, Education and Industry Advancing together Belgrade Serbia http://www.eiat-conference.org/index.html 23-25 September 2011
* Buhalis, D., 2011, eTourism developments and challenges, eTourism Summit, 4th Annual E-Tourism Africa Summit 2011 September 15th- 16th 2011, Cape Town South Africa.
* Buhalis, D., 2011, Destination Marketing through User Personalised Content (UPC) and Web 2.0 Academy for the Study of Tourism Taiwan June 2011
* Buhalis, D., 2011, eTourism developments and challenges, Mandag Morgen, Copenhagen 30 May 2011.
* Buhalis, D., 2011, eTourism strategies for hoteliers, Cyprus, 23-26 May 2011.
* Buhalis, D., 2011, Technology And Social Media Enabled Real-Time Service Management In Hospitality And Tourism IFITT workshop at the EyeForTravel Travel Distribution Summit Europe 2011, London, 10 May 2011.
* Buhalis, D., 2011, eTourism Futures, 3rd International Tourism Week – ITW 2011, “E-tourism: New Roles and Future Trends”, Akdeniz University, School of Tourism and Hotel Management, Antalya, Turkey April 14-16, 2011
* Buhalis, D., 2011, WTM Vision Conference – Milan 13-14 April 2011
* Buhalis, D., 2011, eTourism innovations and Web 2.0, Advanced Course, Malta Ministry of Tourism, 4-6 April 2011
* Buhalis, D., 2011, eTourism, Gastronomy and Food experience, IMIC2011, Valuing the food experience, February 2011
* Buhalis, D., 2011, Athens Tourism Symposium, PhD Workshop coordinator http://ats.conferences.gr/ February 2011.
* Buhalis, D., 2011, EyeforTravel, eTourism & Travel Distribution for Southern Europe & Mediterranean – Conference & Expo
* Buhalis, D., 2011, eTourism, ENTER 2011 Innsbruck Austria
* Buhalis, D., 2010, 3rd Arab International eTourism and eMarketing Conference, IOETI conference 2010, 13th-16th Dec 2010 Luxor-Egypt
* Buhalis, D., 2010, eTourism Futures, BTO Buy Tourism Online 18 and 19 November 2010 Stazione Leopolda, FLORENCE, ITALY
* Buhalis, D., 2010, BU Tourism Futures Forum, World Travel Market Tourism Futures Forum, World Travel Market, 11 November 2010, London
* Buhalis, D., 2010, eTourism Futures for Destinations, OpenTravel conference, The Evolution of Destination Distribution, 10 November 2010, London
* Buhalis, D., 2010, eTourism Challenges, Login International Summit and T20 Tourism Ministers meeting, 11-4 October, Buyeo, South Korea.
* Buhalis, D., and Fotis, J., 2010, Social Media influence on Consumer Behaviour: Travel Strategies and Online Marketing in Eye for Travel Travel Strategies Summit in Prague, Czech Republic.
* Buhalis, D., 2010, eTourism developments and challenges at the Tourism Products and Destinations of Excellence Conference at The Polytechnic Institute of Cávado and Ave (IPCA),1-2 October, Barcelos, Portugal
* Buhalis, D., 2010, eTourism Challenges, I SPEED, European Project INTERREG IV, 21-23 September Heraklion, Crete, Greece
* Buhalis, D., 2010, eTourism Futures, Chios Sustainable Tourism Summer School CIMA, 13-17 September, Chios, Greece
* Buhalis, D., 2010, Tourism Megatrends and eTourism, Centro de Investigación y Estudios Turísticos (CIETec) Tecnológico de Monterrey, 6-10 September, Morelia, Michoacan, Mexico
* Buhalis, D., 2010, Tourism Development and eTourism Seminar, LTU-INSTROCT, organised by Lulea University of Technology Sweden 12-17 July Tehran, Iran
* Buhalis, D., 2010, eTourism trends, Hong Kong Polytechnic University, 3rd June 2010, Hong Kong China
* Buhalis, D., 2010, eHospitality and marketing trends, 10-13 May, Limassol, Cyprus
* Buhalis, D., 2010, eTourism trends, 6th World Congress of Snow and Mountain, World Tourism Organisation, Andorra.
* Buhalis, D., 2010, eTourism Research Challenges, Conference at the University of Aveiro Portugal ~ INVTUR 2010 – Tourism Research: State of the Art and Future Perspectives 10th and 13 March 2010
* Buhalis, D., 2010, eTourism Futures Chairman and Final Panel ENTER2010, 10th-12th February 2010, VENUE: Università della Svizzera italiana, Lugano Switzerland
* Buhalis, D., 2009, Technology Empowered Destination Management Organizations, 2nd Arab International E-Tourism & E-marketing Conference : Tourism and Marketing in the Age of Technology: Virtual and Real, El Gouna – Red Sea – Mövenpick Resort & Spa El Gouna, Sheraton Miramar Resort El Gouna and Steigenberger Golf Resort El Gouna, Egypt Dec. 14-18, 2009
* Buhalis, D., 2009, Hotel E-marketing & E-Tourism 2nd Arab International E-Tourism & E-marketing Conference : Tourism and Marketing in the Age of Technology: Virtual and Real, El Gouna – Red Sea – Mövenpick Resort & Spa El Gouna, Sheraton Miramar Resort El Gouna and Steigenberger Golf Resort El Gouna, Egypt Dec. 14-18, 2009
* Buhalis, D., 2009, Greek Tourism : Opportunities and Challenges, 1st International Conference “Challenges & Opportunities of the Greek Tourism” Conference in London Wednesday 11th November 2009- Hilton on Park Lane, London
* Buhalis, D., 2009, Hotel E-marketing & E-Tourism INTO Seminar INTO 2009 International Seminar on Innovation and Tourism, Tècnic d’Innovació Direcció General de R+D+I Conselleria d’Economia, Hisenda i Innovació http://www.visitinnovation.com/2009/?lang=en Govern de les Illes Balears, Mallorca OCT 2009
* Buhalis, D., 2009, Accessible Tourism Marketing, ENAT Congress “Trends and Perspectives for Accessible Tourism” in Vienna September 30th to October 1st 2009
* Buhalis, D., 2009, Tourism and New Media, Bournemouth University, Tourism Society 24 September 2009
* Buhalis, D., 2009, Cultural Heritage, Tourists and Technology, ISAAC International Conference “Promoting Cultural Heritage Tourism through Integrated e-Services “in Amsterdam, 2nd July 2009.
* Buhalis, D., 2009, eTourism and technology, SPRIG 2009, 19 June 2009, London.
* Buhalis, D., 2009, eTourism 20-20 progress, Academy for the study of Tourism, 5-10 June 2009, Mallorca.
* Buhalis, D., 2009, eTourism Challenges and Trends for industry, Cámara Oficial de Comercio, Industria y Navegación de Las Palmas, Gran Canaria, 12 May 2009, Spain
*Buhalis, D., 2009, eTourism Futures- Research Seminar, La Laguna University, Tenerife, 11 May 2009, Spain
* Buhalis, D., 2009, eTourism and hospitality for the future, Glion Hotel School, Les Roches Gruyère University of Applied Sciences, 27th April 09, Bulle, Switzerland.
* Buhalis, D., 2009, eTourism in the emerging markets and economies, Travolution Summit 2009, 21 April 2009, London.
* Buhalis, D., 2009, eTourism futures, TTRI seminar series University of Nottingham, 19th March 09, Nottingham, UK.
* Buhalis, D., 2009, Tourism challenges in the External Environment, TUI Horizon Staff development Programme, 17 March 09, Dorking, UK.
* Buhalis, D., 2009, eTourism futures and research challenges, University of Technology Sydney, 19th February 09, Sydney, Australia.
* Buhalis, D., 2008, eTourism Challenges for the future, International Congress: Online travel business, http://www.euoticonf.com/ Garden Reef Bay Hotel 15-19 December 08, SHARM EGYPT
* Buhalis, D., 2008, eTourism Developments in the Social Networking era, the French Riviera Chamber of Commerce, France Telecom, IBM, and Amadeus organize the tourism and technology conference Tourism@. http://www.tourisma.org/, 2nd December 2008 Nice, France.
* Buhalis, D., 2008, eTourism Developments, Tourism Futures, Bournemouth University Forum at the World Travel Market 13th November, London.
* Buhalis, D., 2008, eTourism trends: Innovate and Differentiate for hotels, Hotel and Travel Online Sales and Marketing Seminar in Tallinn, Estonia at the Reval Hotel Olümpia. Conference website: http://www.hotelandtravel.eu/ 29th October, Tallinn, Estonia
* Buhalis, D., 2008, Hotel eMarketing in the Web 2.0 era – Challenges Opportunities Threats, Industry Seminar, MarketPlan 26th October, Rhodes
* Buhalis, D., 2008, eTourism in the Social Networking Era, keynote at the 3rd International Rhodes Tourism Forum (http://www.rhodesforum.gr/) on the 24th and 25th October, Rhodes
* Buhalis, D., 2008, eTourism, Competiveness and the Social Networking Era, Keynote and Industry Forum, on the 21st July, Egyptian Tourism Federation, Cairo, Egypt
* Buhalis, D., 2008, Tourism: Social Networking Online and Implications for Hotels Management, II Canarian Hotel Management Meeting, HECANSA, 4th&5th June 2008, Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Canary Islands, Spain.
* Buhalis, D., 2008, Technology empowered revolution for tourism destinations, National Conference on Image, Products and destinations, Siena, 13th-14th May, Province of Siena, Italy.
* Buhalis, D., 2008, eTourism – innovate and differentiate, XXI National Congress of Hospitality and Tourism, Portuguese Association of Hospitality – Associacao de Hotelaria de Portugal (AHP), 11th and 12th February 2008, Vilamoura Portugal.
* Buhalis, D., 2008, eTourism – the view from the future: Search and travel experience in the Web 2.0 era, ENTER2008, 22-25 January, IFITT, Innsbruck Austria
* Buhalis, D., 2008, eTourism: Search in the Web 2.0 era, Travel Distribution Technology 2008, EyeForTravel, 16-17 January, London
* Buhalis, D., 2007, Technology empowered revolutions for tourism destinations, Tourism International Congress of Leiria and the Oeste Region, The School of Maritime Technology (ESTM/IPL), Instituto Politécnico de Leiria (IPL); 22nd and 23rd of November, Peniche, Portugal.
* Buhalis, D., 2007, Strategic Destination Management and Marketing, Executive Education Courses, ILUM University, 18th May, Milan
* Buhalis, D., 2007, eTourism Challenges and Trends, Patronato de Tourismo, May, Gran Canaria
* Buhalis, D., 2006, eTourism Trends, eTourism Trends: discussion forum, Philoxenia ’06 Travel and Tourism Exhibition, 19th November, Thessaloniki.
* Buhalis, D., 2006, e-Marketing of Destinations, Destination Management / Branding workshop, Philoxenia ’06 Travel and Tourism Exhibition, 15th November, Thessaloniki.
* Buhalis, D., 2006, eTourism:New business models for tourism, Schönbrunner Tourismusgespräche 2006, 15th September, Vienna
* Buhalis, D., 2006, Digital Living and the emerging eTourism Opportunities and Challenges, 2nd Salao do Turismo, Brazilian Ministry of Tourism, São Paulo /Brazil, between the 2-6 June, 2006.
* Buhalis, D., 2006, eBusiness for Sport Tourism, Grand International Conference in “Contemporary Vocational Training and Education in Leisure and Sport Tourism”, Leonardo Project titled VALETourism, University of Patras, Greece, April.
* Buhalis, D., 2006, Tourism Destination Strategies, Workshop facilitator, Strategies for Tourism New South Wales, Sydney, February.
* Buhalis, D., 2005, Technology empowered Revolutions for Tourism Destinations, 4th National Italian conference on Information Technologies and Tourism, “Producing, Organizing and Selling Inbound Tourism Online”, Venice, December.
* Buhalis, D., 2005, eTourism Marketing for tourism destinations, Recent Development in Tourism Research, University of Algarve, Villamoura, October.
* Buhalis, D., 2005, Information Technology tools for Small and Medium Tourism Organisations and Destinations, Tourism4Me Project, Newry Institute, Northern Ireland, October.
* Buhalis, D., 2005, eTourism Marketing for tourism destinations, Trends and Innovation in the tourism industry, 1st Rhodes Tourism Forum, Rhodes, March.
* Buhalis, D., 2004, The year of Greece: Taking advantage of New market developments, Greek National Tourism Organisation World Travel Market, London, November
* Buhalis, D., 2004, New market developments and eTourism Greek National Tourism Organisation, Filoxenia Thessaloniki, November.
* Buhalis, D., 2004, Distribution and Pricing Strategies in Passenger Transportation, EyeforTravel, 6-7 October 2004, Amsterdam
* Buhalis, D., 2004, eTourism: Strategic Developments and Challenges, Egyptian Tourism Federation, Cairo, June.
* Buhalis, D., 2004, eTourism developments-eBusiness W@tch Forum, World Congress of IT (WCIT), 18 May, Athens.
*Buhalis, D., 2004, eHospitality: Strategic Developments and Challenges, ATEM, 8 May, Athens.
* Buhalis, D., 2004, eTourism and the European Regions, IANIS-eBusiness W@tch Forum, 31 March, Brussels.
* Buhalis, D., 2004, eTourism: Opportunities and Challenges for Industry, ENTER2004 eSolutions Programme, Cairo, Egypt, January.
* Buhalis, D., 2004, eTourism Destinations, networks and clusters, Network University Finland.
* Buhalis, D., 2003, eTourism: Opportunities and Challenges for SMTEs and Destinations, University of Salzburg, 24 November Salzburg, Austria.
* Buhalis, D., 2003, Opportunities and Challenges for hospitality SMEs: The SMART-UP solution, SMART-UP final conference, 24 November Salzburg, Austria.
* Buhalis, D., 2003, eContent strategies for Tourism, eContent conference, European Commission, 13 June, Athens.
* Buhalis, D., 2003, Wireless strategies for Tourism, EyeforTravel Europe conference, 15-16 May, London.
* Buhalis, D., 2002, Tourism information Systems, IST2002 Event, European Commission, Copenhagen.
* Buhalis, D., 2002, eTourism, tourism statistics and Destination intelligence, Portuguese Tourism Observatory Conference, Lisbon, 18th October 2002.
* Buhalis, D., 2003, Strategies for Tourism destinations, EyeforTravel: eTourism conference, 7-8 October, Amsterdam.
* Buhalis, D., 2002, eTourism Stakeholders, World Tourism and Travel Council Annual General Assembly, Paris May 2002.
* Buhalis, D., 2002, Visioning the future of eHospitality, 10th Annual conference of the Spanish Hotel Managers Association, May, Valencia.
*Buhalis, D., 2001, Independent Expert Analysis of the eTourism Industry, EyeForTravel eTourism Conference, Amsterdam, 15th-16th October.
*Buhalis, D., 2001, Small Tourism Enterprises at Crossroads: The IT challenge and opportunity, Entrepreneurship in the Experience Economy, University of Lapland, Finland, 8 April.
*Buhalis, D., 2001, Visioning the future, 2nd Infotech Hotels Expo: Technology transforming Hospitality Business, Hoteliers Association of India, New Dehli, 15 March.
*Buhalis, D., 2001, eTourism is the Future, Tourism Catalunia Conference, Taragona, 20-22th February.
* Buhalis, D., 2001, Teaching eTourism, World Tourism Educational Council, New Concepts on Tourism Education and Training, Fitur World Tourism Organisation, Madrid, 30 January.
*Buhalis, D., 2000, eTourism: challenges and trends, Travel Distribution Conference, Access, 7-8 December, London.
* Buhalis, D., 2000, Information technology as a strategic tool for tourism, ITEP, Athens, 24-25 August.
* Buhalis, D., 1998,Information technologies and tourism – Challenges and opportunities for Greece, Greek Tourism towards the year 2004, British-Hellenic Chambre of Commerce, 26-27 November, Athens, Greece.
* Buhalis, D., 1998, The impacts of new information technologies on small and medium tourism organisations, CABOTO 1998: Information Technology, 26-28 February, Venice, Italy.
* Buhalis, D., 1996, Information technologies in tourism: Global Distribution Systems, World Tourism Organisation Conference: Global Distribution Systems, `10-12 June.
[Not a valid template]